Fizz had the privilege of organising an interstellar celebration for a 21st Birthday at the Planetarium. Fizz client was mum and International business woman, Dina Pyron. The birthday girl, her daughter Julianne, a 3rd year Astrophysicist major with an infinite love of stars and planets.
Fizz client, Dinah wanted a creative caterer that could offer a one stop shop and full event management service for a very special family occasion. Her brief to provide a memorable and intimate party for her daughter’s 21st Birthday to enjoy with family and friends. She wanted creative ideas and fun elements to reflect the location and her Daughter’s passion for the universe. She wanted catering to be bespoke yet informal to enable guests to ‘graze’ on Canapes, Bowls and speciality food stalls between a busy programme of entertainment. Large screens projecting family Images plus a photographer to capture the evening were requested. Finally an elegant dining area with the option to eat and enjoy drinks indoor and out was essential. Fizz was entrusted with developing, planning and fully managing all aspects of this exclusive private party while Dinah juggled her business demands and the challenges of daily life in Houston as Hurricane Irma swept through.
The Fizz Solution
Guests arrived at the Planetarium in a private coach and were greeted with Welcome drinks in the foyer by the Planetarium Galleries. A private view of these Galleries that unravel the mysteries of the planets along with the many interactive displays were enjoyed by guests as delicious canapes were served. After the reception, guests were invited to take a journey to the stars in the Planetarium’s theatre guided by an Astronomer who to the Birthday girl’s delight displayed the night sky in the year of her birth.
Other elements of this incredible evening included:
- Specialist cheese table and UK’s leading cheese expert that regaled with cheese tales, tastings and port!
- An Interactive photographer who projected images of guests on screens throughout the evening that were both elegant and amusing
- Karaoke compere and DJ managed a stellar playlist that included Adele’s Skyfall and Cold Play’s Sky full of stars as Birthday girl, Julianne, stepped up to the mike. The ‘Strictly’ worthy guests soon joined in with their star turn!
- The Birthday cake hit just the right note with a 3D display of the planets aligned with a touching personal message from Mum & Dad
- The Planetarium as well as providing an evening of Astronomy organised a talk and look through the 18 tonne Victorian telescope that captivated all especially the Birthday girl
- Science joined the mystical with a Tarot reader that many deemed to be uncannily close to the truth.. spooky
As the evening drew to a close many who had lived in London for much of lives expressed their delight in visiting London’s only Planetarium and being able to be part of a memorable celebration that was truly a stratospheric way to mark turning 21.
My daughter truly enjoyed and loved it all, everyone still commenting about it. The food was great and the whole evening fantastic. The organization, the friendliness and knowledge of all the staff, and the overall venue was fabulous! Several guests from London said they had never visited the Planetarium and were so pleasantly surprised and enjoyed all aspects of the evening! The astronomers were really enthusiastic and knowledgeable and super engaging with everyone, my daughter loved it! Samuel Fizz event supervisor was excellent in managing the event, as well as Richard the photographer who was superb! The DJ and karaoke was excellent, and of course Tom the cheese man was a star! I also have to say the Tarot card reader was actually quite accurate with so many people (at least that is what they all said)!
I would definitely use Fizz again and every detail, down to the wonderful cake was excellent! Thanks for all your help and organization.
Dina Pyron | EMEIA Leader | People Advisory Services
Ernst & Young Global Limited